WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, July 23, 2018

The Worst Neighbour

If you need more affirmation that I'm a terrible neighbour, read about the time "I Broke Into My Neighbour's Backyard"

So you know those stereotypical neighbourhoods in movies...where like someone moves into the neighbourhood and everyone’s like hella friendly and some lady named Betty or Sue will probably ring your doorbell with a pie or some sort of dessert? I’ve always lowkey wished to have that LOL. But unfortunately I’m probably like the worst neighbour ever. For one, I’ve never really gotten to know any of my neighbours, outside of like saying hi whenever we see each other outside. So before I got my own basketball net outside my house, I used to sneakily play on one of my neigubour’s nets LOL. I legit never saw him use it, I don’t think he was even into basketball, so I would always be peering through my upstairs window waiting for their car to leave and I would run outside and shoot around for short spurts of time in case they case back LOL. I guess one day I was having too much fun and lost track of how long I had been there and next thing I knew I saw their van pull up and I had to awkward move to the side and stand there and watch them get out of the car. I was like uh...sorry...and they’re like oh it’s cool you can use our net anytime LOL. So fast forward to when I actually got a basketball net, I lived in a town house, so it was attached to another house and our backyards were connected. So this neighbour loved to garden, I’m talking clean cut grass, hella flowers and flowerpots everywhere. So me with my new basketball net and young hoop dreams, I’m out there shooting around every single day and as a result, like trampling all over his grass, the ball rolling onto his flowers, BUT...and this is very important, he was ALWAYS super nice and cool about it. So one day I walk home from school and I see this huge fence separating my backyard and his backyard LOOOOL. Like man your neighbour must really hate you if he builds a big fence so he don’t have to see you ever lol. Anyways, so back to my hoop dreams, so picture this...the basketball net, behind it is the fence (lower than the net but taller than my head), and behind is his backyard. So of course, there’s gonna be a few...actually more like a lot of times where the ball went over the fence and into his backyard. And for the first little while, I was very respectful, would walk all the way around, ring his doorbell, apologize and go get the ball. After a while, I just started hopping the fence because the door was all the way on the other side. So there were PLENTY of instances where the ball would go over and I’d hear glass shatter or I’d hear his voice say something and he’d throw the ball over LOL. The funniest was when I hopped the fence one time, trampled a couple of flowers, pick up the ball and see this man standing behind the screen door staring at me and shaking his head LOOOOL. So one day, I walk home from school...excited to play some basketball, and I see this envelope taped to my door. I open it and written on it says “stop playing basketball” LOOOOL...I’m laughing now, but yooo when I got that letter I was sooooo cheesed, my inner like Batman came out and I was like YO, who put this on my door...I’m gonna search this whole neighbourhood till I find out LOL. Thinking about it now, it was probably the dude who’s flowers I kept stepping on lol. Then I moved and I never saw him again, the end lol...I also got rid of my basketball net recently since I never really use it anymore, the end of an era forreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment