WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, July 08, 2018

How Do You Know You've Made The Right Decision?

You make decisions every waking moment of your life. You decide whether you wanna hit that snooze on your alarm, you decide what you wanna wear...whether you wanna dress to impress or dress for comfort and relaxation. There are easy decisions and then there are tough decisions. A lot of things can impact the decisions you make...your friends, your mood, your surroundings. If it’s a cold winter day, I don’t care who you are...I’m putting on some warm sweatpants and a comfortable hoodie like 80% of the time. With most decisions in your life, a factor is also the possible outcomes of that decision. If I choose to dress to impress and wear some jeans and some Chelsea boots for example, I risk my lower body not only being cold but getting wet as well, but I’ll look hella fresh if I plan on seeing people or going on a date. Every decision that we make is based on so many different things. When it comes to the easy decisions in our lives, we don’t really think much about it because it’s not that big a deal or we just do it subconsciously. I’ll wake up and eat a sandwich instead of some eggs because it’s faster and I’m lazy. But some decisions in our lives are not so easy...and take a lot more thought. Where you wanna go for university is a big decision most people face, to stay home or move away, to live with roommates or to live alone, a lot goes into it. I’m sure all of you can recall some point in your lives where you were faced with a tough decision, that had long lasting impacts, and you just weren’t sure what to do. You think about both (or the multiple) options, the outcomes and how it’ll affect you and everything/everyone around you. You’ll probably flip flop between which you think is the right decision, but ultimately a decision has to be made. And that’s kinda where I am atm in my life...stuck at a crossroads, flip flopping between options, struggling to decide what is the right thing to do. To be honest, I don’t think there’s ever a clear cut answer to these kinds of questions because there’s always good reasons to pick one option over another. Then it just kinda becomes which option has more good reasons. I don’t really know how to end this because I don’t really have a clear cut answer myself, I feel like I’ve been venting but also having a heart to heart with myself. Ultimately, you gotta roll with the punches and live with the decisions you make. There’s no point in telling yourself, whoops...should’ve picked the other option, you just gotta make the best of whatever situation you’re in and trust that it’ll all work out for the better.

Note to self:
Think long and hard Rod, pray always, whatever happens and wherever you go...God will guide you, trust in His plan and the path that He has set for you. Talk to those who you trust and respect, but don’t let their thoughts and opinions become yours, use it as a guide not an answer. In due time, your decision will become more clear and concise, make sure its your own. Really, really pray about this...lastly, don’t stress...you got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment