WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, July 16, 2018

The Weight Of Perspective

So I always like to talk about perspective and how it's really important to be able to see things from different perspectives, but I think something that's super undervalued and underappreciated is the weight of perspective. Now what do I mean by the weight of perspective? Well take a look at it this way. Say my mom thinks I'm the coolest person in the world, she thinks I dress hella fresh, that I'm super funny and I'm just overall hella dope. Now compare that to say the girl that I like and if she thought I was the coolest person in the world, she thinks I dress very well, laughs at my jokes and thinks I'm a really good guy. See my mom and the girl that I kike both think of me the exact same, the have the same perspective of me, but the weight that their opinions of me hold are much different. In my mind, my mom is hella biased for one, but she is like programmed to think all those things about me, so that naturally makes her perspective hold less weight. But the girl that I like, the girl that I'm trying to impress and chase...of course what she thinks about me becomes infinitely more important because I'm trying to impress her. Like I know a lot of people that think I'm really cool, I also know a lot of people who think I'm really lame. Some of my friends think I'm really quiet and soft spoken, some of my other friends think I'm super loud and I won't shut up. Even take this blog for example...I receive compliments and criticisms all the time...from friends, acquaintances and even strangers...they all hold different values and weights based on their relation to me and how important I deem their perspective of my blog. I just think that concept is really cool, that we value certain opinions and perspective over others. That 2 people can say the exact same thing to us, but one holds more weight and means more to us because we like them better, they're more popular or we just care more about what they think. It reminds me a lot of like the criticisms we receive everyday...on our looks, how we dress, how we speak and present ourselves. Constantly remind yourself that not everyone's opinion of you matters as much as it should and learn to value the ones that do and tune out the ones that don't. So yeah, till next time...peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment