WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, April 16, 2018

Opinions vs Advice

This is gonna be a very subjective topic, something that's gonna have differing viewpoints depending on who's reading it. When does someone's opinion become advice and when is advice simply someone's opinion on a matter? I googled it and apparently advice is given from someone who is qualified based on their experience versus an opinion from someone who has limited or no experience on a particular topic. So to paint you a picture, imagine I go shopping with a girl friend of mine and she's asking me which dress I think looks better on her, something like that which I know absolutely nothing about...I'd be giving her my opinion...oh this one because the colour is better or I like the style of it. Whereas if I went shopping with my guy friend for jeans or something and he asks me which one I prefer, I'd have more experience with fit, body shape, style and all that stuff and can offer him a better answer and because I'm more qualified to talk about that, it's therefore advice. So where am I even going with this post you ask? LOL, well lemme share with you a funny story first...I was chilling with this dude I went to school with and I'm not really great friends with him, so he goes oh so Rodmond, how'd the blog going? For one, I never know how to respond when people ask me that, I'm just like uh, good, going strong. he's like cool man, hey if you ever want any advice on how you can make your blog better, let me know...there's a lot of things I think you need to improve on. For one, I was still trying to process what he said and how he said it that I was just like oh haha, cool, sure thing. But in my head I was like bruh, I personally felt like he had no experience in that area nor did he know me well enough to say something like that in that kinda tone y'feel? Perhaps that's just me being sensitive, but it's something you really had to hear for yourself to fully grasp LOL. Anyways, back to the whole advice and opinion thing...everyone has something to say and feels some sort of way about everything. If you buy a shirt, if you do a test, if you run a race, if you go on a date...everybody has something to say about it, everybody has their two cents, which there's nothing wrong with. But how do you differentiate between what is just someone's opinion and what is someone's advice? Take your friends for example...you might be struggling with a particular situation and you go to your friends for help, for comfort and all that stuff...but is what their saying actually advice or is it just their opinion? Like there's a plenty of stuff I'll go to my friends for, but there's also plenty of stuff I wouldn't go to my friends for. Does that make sense? That's why you have so many friends and groups of friends right? Imagine if you only went to that one friend about every single thing you go through seeking advice...yeah they might give you some dope advice, but you might also hit them with some stuff they're not experienced in or know nothing about y'feel? I say this because I know so many people who feel so qualified to give everyone advice on everything but I'm just like wait, you don't know much about that yourself, how can you be telling someone what to do? Like take relationships for example, how can someone give advice if they've never been in a relationship? I don't care if you've watched hundreds of romantic movies and studied couples, nothing beats first hand experience y'feel? But that also kinda brings me to the next part of the whole advice and opinions...which is on you, the receiver. As much as you seek out advice, lemme simplify it and say advice is still just someone's opinion, it's just a more qualified opinion. As the receiver, it's still you who has to deal with  whatever you're seeking advice for? Meaning it's nice to get advice and hear opinions, but be careful not to let that become your answer, advice is only meant to help, to hint and to point in the right direction...it's not meant to physically push you and hold your and walk with you. I say this because a lot of times, we'll seek advice, get good advice and constantly keep going to that source for advice, it becomes our answer, we don't think for ourselves anymore, it's like oh, I'll just get advice and do exactly what they say. Advice is dope, but you still have to do and think for yourself. Keep that in mind...advice is still someone's opinion on what they think you should do, they just have more experience on the matter versus someone who doesn't, that's all...till next time, peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment