WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Slow And Steady

So I was in the car with my mom the other day and she kept badgering me about work and school. She kept asking me what's the plan, what's the plan? She'd ask me what I want to do but then she'd be like you should do banking, you should do I.T., you should do this, do that. I got hella cheesed cuz she always does this...now I know it's out of love, but damn. Parents love to bring up what your friends or what their friends' kids are doing compared to you. It was a real big reminder to me and hopefully an encouragement to you...that everyone moves at their own pace. That's kinda been my life story, moving at my own pace, taking longer than the norm. Honestly, some people just take longer to figure things out...and that's okay...in this race of life, you're not competing against anybody, you're just trying to get to the finish line. Whether that means taking a victory lap, or taking longer to graduate university than your program intends like I and so many people I know have...it's okay. It's okay to make mistakes, to experience setbacks and to realize some things aren't for you. Whether it's switching programs, switching jobs, sometimes you learn best through trial and error, not everyone is meant to or has to get it right on the first try. Especially when it comes to new things...I had no idea what I was doing when I was picking courses for high school, for university, I still have no idea what I'm doing trying to find a job...it's all about trying things and figuring out what's for you and what isn't. I know our natural tendency is to want to compare ourselves to our friends, to people our age or even younger...but just remember everyone moves at their own pace...that means some people might move faster than others and some move slower...there isn't a right or wrong...and there isn't a set formula for you to follow to become successful because you have to figure out yourself and figure out what works for you. Just remember that, it's not about beating anybody or finishing the race as fast as you can...it's just about getting to the finish line, and you'll get there eventually...peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment