WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Resilience

Today's word of the day is resilience. I'm thankful for resilience, I'm also thankful for the struggle. I met up with my old teacher and a couple of my elementary school buddies and we went for dinner and had a great night of laughs, jokes, advice and overall memorable moments. One thing that we kept talking about is resilience. The idea of responding and persevering through your struggle/difficult time. I actually met up with my teacher and his significant other, who also happens to be a teacher. So she was like a lot of the kids in her class, and I'll go on to say a lot of the high school kids and under today lack resilience. What does that mean you ask? Well for one, I don't wanna make it seem like I'm taking shots. But she went on to say how her class lacks resilience, they're entitled, too used to getting their way that when they face struggle or difficulty they freeze because they don''t know what to do. I actually agree with that almost whole-heartedly. I look at the kids I've taught in schools, in church and stuff...they're so used to getting what they want that they're not equipped to handle when something doesn't go their way. Failure, setbacks, obstacles, difficult times, struggles...it shapes you, it changes you, it teaches you. I know I sound very cliche, I'm not trying to I swear lol. My brother and I always joke about what life would be like if we were rich, how easy life would be. No stress, no worries...we'd be able to get whatever we wanted. We then think about the kinda people we'd be. Probably snobby, uptight and very selfish for the most part. As much as you or I may hate the struggle, because it sucks, it's hard...it's also necessary. I mean, if only good things happened to me in my life, I wouldn't appreciate it as much as when I go through struggles, fail, then finally overcome it. Imagine if my life were like getting good grades, going to a good university, finding a good job, marrying a beautiful girl, having kids, retiring, that's it. Yeah that sounds dope and all, but I don't think I'd appreciate it as much as if I were to fail some courses, question whether I'd even graduate before finally graduating. I'm not really too sure where I'm going with this tbh. Like all my posts, it's a reminder to myself...and hopefully a reminder or encouragement to you...to embrace your struggle. That failure and rejection is a normal and healthy part of life. I think we all constantly need that reminder, cuz when we're stuck in that failure, that storm in our life...we can't help but think why, if only it were easier. But yeah, it's your struggles that build character, that teach you way more than your triumphs ever could, it also makes it all the more sweeter when you do overcome that obstacle. So keep your head up, stay strong, persevere and keep your eyes on the finish line, peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment