WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

How To Get Past Rejection

Hello and welcome to a step by step instructional guide on how yo get past rejection LOOOOL, no I\m totally joking. But on the real tho, so I know I kinda talked about slightly in a previous post...but that focuses more on the whole 'why' a girl might not like you. This post I guess is more on what to do after...how to cope and get past it. So get your pens and pads ready and pay attention. Okay but seriously tho lol, rejection is a healthy part of life. I think back to my elementary school dance when I first asked that girl out and she said yes only to say no the next day cuz she had previously said yes to another guy. I think back to prom in grade 12 asking this one girl to go with me and she said she wanted to go with her friends, so I just went with another girl. I think about all the times I've told girls I liked them or confessed my feelings to them only for things to get weird or for them to not reciprocate...and all that is perfectly fine and normal, it's a part of life, of growth and of learning. The real test is what do you do after? I mean sure...you can lock yourself in your room, eat some ice cream and listen to Sam Smith all day...I've done that, believe me...or, you can (as simply and as blunt as I can put it) suck it up and get over it. I get it, I truly do. You've spent a lot of time pursuing this guy or girl, put a lot of time, effort and love into it only for it not to work out. Or maybe he/she was a really good friend and you don't know where to go from here. Without diving into that and solely focusing on getting over rejection, you just gotta muster up the strength and courage and do it. It's like a job interview sorta, you know how they say the more interviews you go to, the more comfortable you'll be in that situation and the more rejections and failures you get, the more accustomed you'll be to dealing with rejections and it'll get easier and easier to be rejected and imply move on to the next one. Trust me, I know...your first rejection is the most difficult, it's new, it's different, it's not something you're used to...just like your first breakup, it's never easy, but it gets better, it always does. I'm not saying it'll ever get to a point where you're happy someone rejects you, but I can confidently say it does get to a point where you'll be content and okay about it, and you won't feel much. Just like how when you're a kid and you're deathly afraid of needles, but when you get older...it'st just a small pinch (unless you're still afraid of needles lol). So is there really some surefire effective way to get over rejection...no, not really. Time heals all (but heels hurt to walk in - Drake). Being around things that make you happy certainly helps...friends, family, hobbies dogs, whatever it is. One thing that I hold onto when it comes to rejection or even any kind of negativity in my life is that it gets better, it always gets better. And I hope that you'll allow yourself to get better, not bitter because that's the worst possible thing you can do. Acknowledge that okay, I got rejected, but that's normal, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move forward. Life waits for nobody and is constantly moving forward, if you're so busy stuck in that rejection or too busy looking back at the past, you're going to miss so many possible opportunities in front of you. I hope this post didn't sound too repetitive from all my other ones, I guess it's been something that's been on my mind lately and has triggered a slew of different posts, I'll try to mix it up next time lol...peace out.


No comments:

Post a Comment