WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Keep Moving Forward

I know for certain I've written many similar posts regarding this topic, but it rings so true...and it's a constant reminder to myself to 'just keep swimming'. Complacency and being comfortable can be such a dangerous thing. But it comes in so many different shapes and sizes. Staying at a job for a long period of time because you're comfortable, or maybe you're scared to see what else is out there, scared that there may not be anything better. On the other hand...maybe it's a break up, and you're comfortable and content in sulking in your sadness and comfortable with being bitter. For me, the goal in life hopefully is to constantly move forward, to constantly be growing just as we grow physically. Whether it's getting smarter, stronger, wiser.../you should be wanting to constantly grow and improve...right? So lemme throw out this random question to you...what do you do when the people around you don't seem to be and don't seem to want to grow? To the point where they're somewhat holding you back? I'm not saying this from personal experience, but from an observational perspective I guess. Like to a certain point, wouldn't their content and comfortable attitude rub off on you, the fact that they have no goals or plans to do move, to do better? I dunno...I was talking to my brother about how one of my biggest goals as of late has been to push myself to not be lazy, to be proactive. Because laziness is and has been a root of many of my problems...not wanting to find a job, doing poorly in school, sleeping in till super late...you name it. So the only reason I brought up the question of someone around you being like that is because I'm interested to see or hear what people would do in those situations. Imagine you're a go-getter, you're someone who's constantly chasing and wanting to improve...but every time you talk to your friend, they're always like nahhh just stay where you are, you've got it good, just leave it alone...isn't that hella discouraging? Rereading this post, I know it's probably not the post interesting stuff, so I'm sorry LOL...I just didn't wanna go that long again without putting something out...plus it was something I've been thinking about...especially since I was looking at old conversations with my friend the other day...made me think about constantly moving forward, how that stuff holds you back and such...but yeah, next one will be better, I promise, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment