WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Finding Your Other Half

Allow me to tangent for a bit...you know as often as I say how many times this blog has gotten me in trouble, whether with friends or whatever...it's also very rewarding as well, sometimes. By that, I mean like this blog has inspired so many people...not tryna toot my own own, seriously tho...like people have told me yo I started blogging or I started writing cuz of you. That's so cool to me. Or people I hardly speak to will message me out of the blue and be like hey, I read your blog and I just wanted to say keep it up, or they'll offer me encouragements or say like I really related to this certain post or something. That's so dope to me and it keeps pushing me to put out content. For my last post "Why Doesn't She Like Me"...this random dude I've never spoken to or even met I don't think sent me a length message pouring his heart out about a situation he went through, saying he really resonated with my post and such. It was really random for one, but after I processed it, I was like damn, that's dope and that's deep...and I truly appreciate it. Little things like that or people even just saying good job...or the comments on the picture I posted for the blog's 8 year anniversary...all that stuff motivates me to keep going...and it gives me a sort of sign to know I'm doing something right and something good. But let's move on, shall we?

I guess you can say this kinda correlates to my last post. Rewind to last Sunday at church, the seron was about weaknesses. And talking to a counselor of mine, he said well that's the kind about finding a partner, finding your other half...someone to compliment your weaknesses and to compensate for it essentially. Like imagine if me being a super lazy person, I end up marrying a super lazy person...we'd get nothing done...paying the bills, doing chores...it'd never get done. I thought abaout it more and more...now it doesn't necessarily have to be complimentary or 'opposite' in all aspects...I think it's still okay to share the same hobbies or interests...or not, if you believe that opposites attract, either or works fine LOL. I guess when I thought about finding your other half, I was thinking more along the lines of personality wise...finding a complimentary personality to go hand in hand with yours. It's funny hearing my friends tell me what kinda girl they see me with...I've heard a bunch of things...someone motherly to take care of me, some needy that depends on me, an LG, an athlete, I've heard a wide range or suggestions lol. I think at my current state...someone to push me and motivate me to be active and not stagnant in life is what I'm looking for cuz I'm such a lazy person, I guess it's also a New Year's resolution of mine, to be less lazy and be more proactive. But seriously, think about...imagine 2 dominant personalities together...it just wouldn't work because they'd constantly wanna be the alpha. It's interesting because it's made me think about my weaknesses or things I lack or could improve on...then I try to see that quality in a partner and if and how it could compliment me. But yeah, I encourage you to do the same...whether with your current partner or with a potential partner, how do they compliment you? With that, I'll see you soon...peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment