WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, July 31, 2017

Top 10 (Something Different/New)

Hey, so I decided to give something new a try...well not entirely new cuz I'm pretty sure I've done this before, but I;m gonna try to make this a more consistent thing on this blog. Lists...lists are so interesting for me at least...buzzfeed, bleacher report...I'm always clicking the lists of lists for favourite foods, highlights, whatever it might be. So I'm not sure how this'll work...hopefully I can branch it off to something other than like just music (as this is what today's list will focus on). Again, I'm not too sure of the format...it might not always be top 10, maybe tpp 5 if I can't think of that many for whatever list I'm creating...but yeah, I'm gonna try my best to crank these out consistently, hopefully each week Today's list is a top 10 songs on my playlist...music is such a big part of my life and I truly enjoy a real wide range of music...moreso R&B and Rap/Hip-Hop of course...but I dig and can get down with a lot of kinds of music...as I hope this and future lists will show. So anyways...here are the top 10 songs on my playlist, feel free to check them out if the artists or titles seem appealing, but these are the songs I can't stop listening to, to they're pretty banging...imo at least lol.

1) SZA - Love Galore feat. Travis Scott
People assume I'm like a hard Rap/Hip-Hop guy,but I think my true love is R&B and slow, sultry jams. SZA's voice is so alluring, it's soft but it's different...then the beat kicks in and man...vibes. Then of course Travis Scott, who's quickly become one of my top 5 artists comes in with a dope and catchy verse. He's like a Nate Dogg where any song he's on...you know his verse/chorus is gonna be fire.

2) Majid Jordan - One I Want feat. PARTYNEXTDOOR
IF you know Majid Jordan, you know their (or his I should say) voice is dope, typical crooner, slow jam, serenade your girl kinda voice. And Party, well he's just dope in general...so these 2 combined, mixed with a slow and head bobbing beat is definitely a hit.

3) Amine - Wedding Crashers feat. Offset
Shoutouts to the boy for showing me this song. Amine is one of those dudes who succeeds in both rapping and singing on the same song. The beat sounds kinda like some sort of cartoon theme song at the beginning, but it really grows on you...especially when the chorus hits...and of course, Offset, OFFSETTTT does his thing.

4) PARTYNEXTDOOR - Freak In You feat. Drake
I mean it's Drake...do I really need an explanation? He's like the Lebron of music, he's widely criticized, but look at all he's done and is doing, it's crazy...just gotta appreciate it. If you like it when Drake sings, this song is probably for you, mixed with a slow Party kinda beat, Drake fits in seamlessly.

5) DJ Khaled - Down For Life feat. PARTYNEXTDOOR, Future, Travis Scott, Rick Ross, Kodak Black
Khaled really is out here assembling some next level Justice League on his album...he has pretty much everybody on it. This song is dope cuz it gives you a little bit of everything...some bars, autotune, mumble rap, there's a little something for everyone.

6) Khalid - Coaster
The first time I ever heard Khalid's voice was on this song...I was in the car with my boy and I was like bruhhhh...this makes me wanna cry...but like happy tears, but also kinda sad because it makes you think about the one that got away...LOOOL. He has that Weeknd, unique kinda voice...so this slow, somber, melodic beat really allows you to just take in his voice...geez.

7) NAV & Metro Boomi - Held Me Down
Again, NAV has a very distinct voice, but I feel he's hit or miss...and by that I mean you either like him or you dislike him...for me, he's a hit. His first album was on repeat for a long while. This album, I still need to take some time to listen to, but when I was scrolling through the album quickly, this song automatically caught my attention and was a banger from the start.

8) 21 Savage - Numb
21 is someone who will take some time to grow on you. It goes into the debate of like mumble rap and if it's dope or not lol. It's weird because his voice is very soft, so he doesn't necessarily go HARD, but like...something about his voice, it flows you know lol, but the beats on his song are always fire that's for sure.

9) Brian Puspos - Starting Line
So he's actually a dancer, like choreo, I never knew he could sing, but maaaan can he sing. If you like that typical, slow song, love jam, play for your girl kinda ting...this is for you.

10) Lecrae - I'll Find You feat. Tori Kelly
When I first heard the song, I vibed with it immediately. Tori Kelly's vocals are on another level, her voice is soooo good. Lecrae's flow comes through in this song, it's complimented with a slow beat, definitely a song that kinda makes you sit and have a moment of introspection and reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment