WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Are You The Problem Or The Solution?

So yesterday night, I'm in my room chilling...it's like midnight ish. I start smelling smoke, like it smells like something's burning...I start like smelling things around my room thinking maybe it's something in my room. It isn't, I kinda brush it off...the smell gets even stronger and I'm like what the heck is that? I go downstairs and turns out my dad had been boiling some chicken or something and told my mom to watch, she had fell asleep and all the water had dried up and the pot was like burning, so that's what the burnt smell was coming from. So my mom's like on the couch so I'm like yo, what's that smell and she freaks out and like I move the pot and tell her to open the windows cuz the smoke detectors gonna ring. Like 20 seconds later it starts ringing lol, so I'm like fanning around the smoke detector to get it to stop and my dad comes down and he somewhat goes off on my mom like oh I told you to watch the pot, if you were by yourself you would've burned the house down and such. So I'm kinda annoyed, so I turn to him and I'm like why would you say that...like how is that helpful whatsoever, it already happened, it was an accident, it could've been worse, be thankful nothing serious happened. So that got me thinking...I know I always tell you guys I catch flack for being an on the fence kinda guy...I see it as someone who enjoys seeing both sides of something. But if I were to choose...and as of late, I'd be a glass half full kinda guy, I like to see the good in things, in people, in circumstances...or at least I try. Random side note...aside from optimists and pessimists, there are people who consider themselves 'realists', who try to see things from a realistic point of view. In my opinion, those are just disguised pessimists, or at least I'd put them in a sub category of pessimist. Anyways, back to what I was saying...so I told my dad like what's the point in going off or getting mad, it already happened. It made me think of just life situations in general...if your friend fails a test...what's your response...are you the kinda person to go oh well you should've studied harder, shouldn't have waited till last minute...or are you the kinda person who would be like good try, but next time study a bit earlier, don't procrastinate. How you say something is just as important as what you actually say. I understand some people need tough love and you need to be blunt...but at the same time, that doesn't work on everybody...and I'd like to think a good portion of people would respond to positive advice and straight up criticism.

"If you ain't lifting the burden, you probably adding to it." - Joe Budden

No comments:

Post a Comment