WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, October 10, 2016

Blessings On Blessings On Blessings

First off, happy thanksgiving, hope y'all are enjoying your time of rest, of family, friendship and of course...thankfulness. I just wanna share something with y'all right now, something I tweeted earlier. "Looking back is nice every now and then, but it also distracts and slows you down from moving forward." That's kinda where my mindset has been at as of late...I've been looking back a lot...and it's been tripping me out, slowing me down. Like literally, picture yourself running a race, they tell you to keep your eyes front, at the finish line, when you look to the sides to see where your opponent's are, that's when you get slowed down. Imagine even just walking down a trail...you turn to look back, you either stop to get a good view, or you keep walking and possibly try, stumble or walk into a tree. So as much and as nice as it is to look back sometimes...as of late, I've been having to constantly redirect my focus forward, to what's in front of me. My friend asked me how I was doing...aside from school and the regular stuff. I said to be honest, not much...I'm kinda focused on the path that's in front of me, which just so happens to BE school...and just chilling literally with like the 2 groups of friends that I've allowed into my deepest of inner circles. I honestly don't have time, nor do I really wanna deal with...well, stupid stuff to be honest...drama, baggage, arguments...I'm been just hella mellow as of late...and I've been surrounding myself with some really good and positive people and it makes me really happy and it makes life so much easier. With that all being said...these are some of the things I'm thankful for this year. My family...who works harder than I'll ever being able to understand or appreciate, y'all are forever the unanimous MVP's. THE squad...if y'all don't know how you are, then shoutouts to O, K, H, N. Y'all keep me sane...and entertained. Some things you can't really explain, it just clicks...and works, you know...this is one of those things...where common interests, sense of humours, ambitions and personalities collide, y'all are real ones. My church homies, I only say my church homies cuz I don't know what else to call y'all...you keep me grounded and push me to move when I'm stagnat and I appreciate that greatly...to have an outlet for physical, mental and of course spiritual support is really encouraging and reassuring. I'm thankful for life, for the comfort. joys and failures of life...it makes it worth living, it gives purpose you know. I'm thankful that God has placed me where I am, in this specific situation, with specific people...all to help me grow and learn and hopefully pour that out onto others. God is good, but that's never changed...just me forgetting to remember and show love and praise for Him. I hope y'all are doing wonderful, till next time, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment