WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Library Life, Ball, Temporary Escape Routes...

What's good, today was a real long and tiring day...went to lunch with the homies and this chinese brunch place, then headed to the library..spent a good like 4 hours there...got lots of studying done, took some breaks and ish lol. Afterwards, went to ball at church and it was a solid turnout, like 3 teams of 5, so we got plenty of runs. But yeah, I've told you guys I've been talking to my ex a lot lately and yeah today she finally explained to me why she wants to go so far for school...well she somewhat did, I moreso figured it out...she was talking about family and stuff like that, having more freedom...she said it's my "escape route". That just got me thinking...about life...and how life gets hard sometimes, and when life gets hard, you can't just quit and like go to sleep for the rest of your life...or when an obstacle gets too tough, you don't just stop and give up. I'd like to relate this to a video game if possible...but it's like an RPG game...or a puzzle game...when you reach a level you can't beat, no matter how many times you try and try and try...and it frustrates you, you don't give up and never play again...you be persistent and keep getting at it. Same thing in life...when things get hard, you don't quit...everyone experiences tough times, it's necessary to build us up and to strengthen us. One of my favourite verses in James which I've shared with you guys says that the testing of faith produces perseverance and it's only helping us mature and become closer to God. So I know...well am slowly learning and accepting that every hard task in my life, every time it feels like it's the end of the world...every situation that makes me want to punch a wall and yell at the top of my lungs...is all for a reason...all for a purpose...and it shows me that I still have a lot of growing and learning to do, but I know it'll be worth it. These "escape routes"...are only temporary...I told her that you're just running away from the problem, that doesn't mean it's going to go away...it'll still be there when you come back. Or even "sweeping it under the carpet",,,if constantly sweep dust or dirt under the carpet instead of vacuuming it, eventually the carpet gets to full and the dust or dirt reappears...same with your problems, if you kinda just push it away or brush it off, eventually it'll rear it's ugly head. My advice to her and to you guys....is to really relax and clam down, reevaluate the situation with a cool and collected mind...try to find the positives of your situation, or at least what you can take out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment