WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, July 12, 2021

React & Respond

Hi friends, it's been a while...again. I really don't know where the time goes to be honest, one day I'm writing a post and next thing you know it's been another 3 weeks and I haven't posted anything lol. I literally just updated y'all on what's been going on in my life so I'll save y'all the trouble of reading another update post lol. I've always been and still am a firm believer that it's not about what happens to you, but how you react and respond to it. Now this is something I've definitely talked about to no ends on this blog, but it's an important reminder that we all need. So I don't know who needs to hear this right now, but no matter how bad or shitty the situation or circumstance seems to be, you (almost) always have a choice in how you choose to react and respond. Now I get it's not always black and white and sometimes it really does depend on like your mood which will affect how you choose to respond to something but in most if not all situations, even when you are in a mood...you almost always still have a choice in how you respond to whatever is thrown at you. I went for a walk one day and I was on the sidewalk, this guy on his bike was riding towards me and literally taking up the entire lane and in that split second I was like alright I can either make this ia big deal and stand in his way or say something to him or just leave it be and move to the side...so I pushed him off his bike and told him off LOOOOL nah I'm kidding, I stood to the side and let it be, but in my head I was like man what would've happened if I said something to him as he passed me like yo stay on one side or something, it literally would've created a totally avoidable issue for no reason. I then think about the customers I deal with at work on a consistent basis...how customers are always complaining or arguing or yelling and in those situations you have a choice...you go back and forth with them or you leave it be and hopefully neutralize the situation. I'm not saying be a doormat and let them walk over you, I'm saying you can still stand your grand while deescalating the situation. I've met some people in my life who just always have to get a word in no matter what the situation is or who's right or wrong. My mom is like that where not only does she have to get a word in but she'll keep talking shit even when the conversation is over and depending on who she's talking to, sometimes it like reignites the argument and I'm just like bro why do you do that, just keep your mouth shut, it's over. But anywayas, back to the whole reacting to the things that life throws at you...I hate making it sound like I'm some all knowing wise ass person cuz I'm not, I've just experienced a lot and that comes with age. Whether it\s girls, school or life, you've heard me talk about it all...girls rejecting me, failing school, life throwing seemingly unnecessary tests at me, I've always had the choice in how to react and respond to it and I definitely haven't always responded int he way that I should have...and that's okay. I've sulked, I've cried, I've gotten angry, I've sat there just not being able to comprehend why...but as Ive gotten older, I'm understanding and accepting that that's life...and you always have the choice in how much you want to let what's in front of you affect you and bother you. I'm understanding that rejection, failure, setbacks, heartache, stress and difficult times are a necessary and healthy part of life. I don't always necessarily greet it with open arms, but I'm consciously aware that I'll get through it and over i t, I just gotta keep moving forward. I still have those phases where I'm like nah, I'm gonna respond like a dick or I'm gonna escalate this shit just for the sake of it and because I want to. But honestly for the most part, I've learned to justgo with and accept it. Control what you can control and learn to deal with what you can't, but don't let it stop you from constantly moving forward in life. I hope I didn't come off too preachy...I started off wanting to remind y'all of this important note then kinda started writing to myself as an encouragement to keep going and stay mentally strong. So with that all being said, I will hopefully see y'all soon...hopefully lol, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment