WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, January 19, 2020

What You Do & Who You're With

I think I've always been somebody who believes that the people you're with is so much more important that what you're actually doing. No forreal hear me out, imagine like watching a movie by yourself vs watching a movie with your friends or your partner. Imagine a day full or chores and errands by yourself vs doing that with your friends or your partner, it makes a huge difference in how much fun you're having based on who you're with. Sometimes we get so caught up in what we're doing that we forget why we're making the plans in the first place, just so we can see and spend time with the other person. I definitely get caught up in like truing to plan fun activities, try new restaurants or things that are “fun” so that people will enjoy themselves, but all the while it's like maybe they just wanna spend time with you...at least that's how I think lol. Like I've went on vacations and road trips with my friends which were super dope...but I've also sat around and watched my friend get a haircut or help them do errands or sit around and watch movies or play video games. For me, it's always been about who you're with rather than what you're doing, but sometimes I forget that because you wanna impress people or you don't think you're fun or entertaining enough to be around and need to plan an actual activity. But I mean, different strokes for different folks so I get it. I've met people who genuinely can't sit down and be idle and have a conversation, they have to be occupied or doing something whether taking a walk or just physically being occupied so that they're doing something else on top of having conversation. I definitely understand that and I definitely understand the need for activities cuz it also prevents things from getting stale say if you're always sitting in front of anotherr person talking to them...I means some people are okay with it, some people aren't lol it is what it is. I say all this because so many times, plans will get changed last minute and sometimes you get down cuz you were really looking forward to doing that specific thing but it's like wasn't the whole point so you could spend time with the person in general. Or when plans change last minute sometimes it's like hey let's just flop since we can't do that thing anymore. I can't count the number of times I've been with my friends doing absolutely nothing and it made for some of the best conversations and most memorable times for me. I was reminded recently from a friend that hey, if you genuinely enjoy being around someone...it won't matter what y'all are doing cuz it'll get a good time regardless, this was after an activity flopped cuz of the weather and we ended up going somewhere and just talking which made for a really good and memorable moment. But yeah, just a little nugget that hit me recently...till next time, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment