WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Your 5 Closest Friends

So I’m really happy with the fact that I’ve been pretty consistent in posting to start the year off lol...we’ll see if that holds as time goes oh lol. So someone told me something interesting and t that was that you're the sum of the 5 closest friends in your life, then I heard something similar hat said you're the average of your 5 closest friends. Now apparently this is a really popular saying but it's definitely really new to me and I found it really interesting. A couple days after I heard that, someone in my class said something along the lines of like oh show me your 5 closest friends and I'll show you who you are. Those thoughts really struck me for some reason because it essentially says like you take away something from each of your closest friends and it kinda combines or fuses (FUSION HAAAA) to make you. It made me start thinking about thy 5 closest friends or even just the 5 closest people around me and I started reflecting on my own life and I was like wow, I see it. From how I talk, to how I laugh, to the slang I use or the little tendencies that I have. I started to see the influences my friends had on me and the things that I so called "took from them". It was really interesting and cool to think about. But ten it made me think a level deeper, the fact that there are a lot of people in my life that I have taken things away from, people who have contributed to my journey of life...things that I remember and hold with me to this day...and these are things from old friends, acquaintances, old flames, peers and even friends that I don't even contact or see eye to eye with anymore. Whether it's life advice, a random quirk or fact, personal or intimate moments, random encounters, you name it. There are things that I carry with me, that have shaped me into who I am today, things that I carry with me to this day...that aren't taken from my closest friends, but in fact the exact opposite. So as much as I agree with those thoughts listed in the beginning, the opposite is true as well. That a stranger or an acquaintance can also leave a significant impact in your life and on your journey as much as a close friend can. I started thinking about the fact that I'm a hoarder, and in this sense it's kinda a good thing...because something inside me can't let go of those moments, those conversations, those encounters because it's all played a part in my journey of life. So yeah, that's kinda just something I wanted to share with y'all because as much as I agree with the thoughts above and as hard as it hit me, the more I thought about it I was like wow the opposite can be true as well and I had a really good moment of reflection on all the people who have had some sort of impact or influence on me that I don't necessarily call my close friends. Anyways, till next time...peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment