WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Energy

So I truly think that everybody has a little bit of introvert and extrovert inside of them, but obviously one is usually more dominant than the other. But most peoplea will tell you that like it depends on the situation/setting they're in as well as the people that are around them as obviously the more comfortable someone is, the more likely they are to open up and step out of their shell. I'm gonna add another layer onto that and say that the energy and the vibe that someone puts forth has a significant impact on the energy that you reciprocate back to them as well. Lemme explain what I mean...so it's a new semester and it's the first week of classes so it's a lot of like introductions to the course and to the people around you. So in one of my classes, the prof is like oh turn to the person beside you, introduce yourself and answer the question on the board. So I turn to the girl beside me and I introduce myself and she like whispered her name really softly that i couldn't hear her and had to ask her to repeat herself. So I was like oh so what do you think of the question, I think it was like how do you define family or something. She was like, family is blood...then like kinda turned forward and went on her phone lol. So I was like oh, true...so I was like oh I think family is this and that...and she kinda turned her head to me, nodded and went back to her phone...so I was like oh, true...so I faced forward and went on my phone, meanwhile the rest of the class is like still talking and answering the question or just chatting casually. Fast forward to my next class and it was the same thing, introductions, ice breaker, turn to your neighbours and introduce yourself and discuss the question on the board. So I was talking to this guy and girl and they were super like engaging and even after we had answered the question they were like oh so what year are you in, what program and stuff and in turn, I was more engaged and invested in the conversation. Now when I look at these two situations...both of them brought different energies to the table and so because of that, I reciprocated accordingly, does that even make sense lol. It's kinda like at work...when a customer comes at you all rude, yelling and demanding...you're just way les inclined to help them whereas when someone is super polite and courteous, you're more willing to go out of your way to help them with what they're looking for. It's just funny to think about because we talk about how the situation we're in and the people around us affects how open we are...but I also think that the energy and vibe that people put out towards you causes you to reciprocate that same energy back you know. Like when I'm with one group of friends and they're all loud, laughing and super obnoxious...I catch myself being super loud, laughing and obnoxious. When I'm with a group of friends that are more quiet and reserved, I find myself more quiet and reserved, I don't just start yelling and laughing hella loud out of nowhere. I catch myself doing that in all my classes...some classes I'm more open and down to speak up and talk whereas other classes I'll just keep quiet and take notes and stuff. It's just interesting to think about when you're interacting with people and you feel the energy they're putting out, see if you don't reciprocate back that same or similar type of energy lol...till next time, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment