WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, October 10, 2019

When The Timing Is Right

Do you ever think about a certain situation you're in...say a relationship, a job, a hobby...and be like...this is it, I know I was placed in this exact spot in this exact moment in time for a reason. Does that even make sense? Like imagine Lebron James...he's probably like, man I was born to do this, to get buckets and to inspire a generation with my story. Or imagine like if you're in a serious relationship and you're in talks of marriage...do you ever have thoughts of like...this is it, I know that I was placed in this situation with this person for a reason. I hope I'm making sense lol...anyways, so I'm sorry for going ghost these past 2 weeks but school's been getting a bit busy as of late, but that's also kinda what I wanted to talk to you guys about. If you guys don't know I'm in social work and in a lot of the courses if not all the courses I'm taking, they talk a lot about feelings and emotions and looking inwards and introspecting and how important it is to be open with your thoughts, feelings and emotions in order to be able to help clients to the best of your ability. Like I'm not even trying to toot my own horn...but I've heard a lot from my friends or from people like oh you're a really good listener or oh you're really easy to talk to and what not. I'm really enjoying school and the stuff that we're learning about...yeah it's hard work and yeah there's a lot to do...but it's interesting. This one courses I'm taking especially...is called interpersonal communication and a lot of it is just looking inward and being self aware because the more aware you are of yourself, your own needs, your own thoughts and emotions...the more aware and helpful you can be towards other people. We had to do this assignment about emotion and honestly it felt like I was writing in my blog...except it was a paper that I had to hand in. My prof was like “the more you're able to reflect and introspect, the more you'll enjoy your job and the less likely you'll burn out.” Obviously I understand it's not just gonna be talking to people and having a good ol time...but the more I learn about the job and the kinda stuff you have to do...and moreso the kinda person you have to be...I sometimes get the feeling of like shoot...I feel like I was put in this program for a reason...at this specific moment in time, 27 years old, having graduated from university and gotten some work experience and been through plenty of ups and dwns of life...I feel like the timing is right, I'm more mature, I understand myself and my feelings more and I'm much more comfortable in being open with it and with my struggles and hardships...I feel like I was put here for a reason. I really hope I'm making sense and that you're still with me lol. It's cool cuz I'm still learning things about myself things I can work on if I intend on being a social worker and how I can really help people and be available...and it's also things I take with me to my daily life...when I'm interacting with my friends and trying to be there for them, it's funny when I catch myself saying things or applying things from class to conversations with my friends and I'm like oh true lol. Again, it makes sense in my head lol...being in class, being in this program...in this current stage and point in my life...it just feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment