WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Forbidden Fruit

Before I get started, I just wanted to say it's super dope when people let me know what they think of the blog. Whether in person or online...like yo man this post was really dope or yo I really resonated with it or just I enjoyed reading it, know that I really do appreciate it even if I awkwardly respond in person cuz I'm just an awkward dude. It's also super cool when people tell me that my writing sounds like me, like they can picture or hear me saying these words or doing my stupid laugh whenever I put an 'lol'...just something dope that hit me today lol, let's move on tho.

Why are we drawn to things that we know we shouldn't do or shouldn't have or are straight up bad for us? You know how on cigarette boxes they like show pictures of peoples teeth or they'll say how many people die of smoking each year yet people will still buy it even tho it's right in front of them...pictures and words that say hey this is bad for you, don't do it...yet people still do it. Why are things that aren't good for us so much more tempting and appealing? It's like being drawn to a really bad ex or having a tendency to date assholes. Is it just human nature to want what we're not supposed to have or want what we know isn't good for us? It's crazy how concrete signs can be right in front of us saying don't do it, don't proceed, stop, turn around...yet we'll still keep walking forward like oh well...then when it doesn't work out or we find ourselves in trouble it's like welp, who would've guessed this would happen. I can't count the number of times I've had conversations with my friends that'll go along the lines of...I don't think you should do it, I don't think it's a good idea...this goes both ways, me saying this to a friend and vice versa...then one of us comes back like yeah you were right, it was a bad idea, I feel like shit now or whatever. I'll never understand the nature of why we're drawn to things we shouldn't be. I find myself now...still drawn to things, people, situations, circumstances I know I shouldn't be in...but I do, I dive head first like oh well...we'll deal with it later...that's kinda where my head's been at lately...so you can kinda guess I've been in a weird space lately mentally...which has definitely opened a lot of doors for newness and doing and just living life...but it also comes with a lot of self reflection, sometimes regret and a lot of uncertainty and confusion. But hey...it is what it is...that's not really a great conclusion lol...I'm still figuring it out myself...peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment