WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Hard Truths & Acceptance

Remember back in school on tests where you would have to solve the problem and explain your answer? How sometimes you'd know the answer straight up but you wouldn't be able to explain it or you wouldn't know how to get to that answer so you wouldn't get full marks...yeah, well ain't like life that too lol. I'll come back to that in a bit...but I was reading a post about 'how to make your blog more appealing' or something like that and it was really interesting lol. Obviously, I couldn't help but go through the list as I was reading and internally kinda check off what I think I had and what I didn't. The first thing the post said was “your blog is not your personal journal” LOL. He went on to say that it's okay to write about your personal life, but don't expect it to resonate with other people. He was like, it's cool to share stories and stuff, but if you make it all about you no one will care. He concluded saying that you can write about whatever you want to write about but understand that certain types of writing and subjects may not be appealing as others. That was just the first part of the article lol and it really slapped me in the face cuz I was like well shoot...that's all I do...I tell stories, I share personal experiences, I talk about my life lol. But I also thought to myself, I've built a decent community and have amasssed a decent amount of views, but at the same time all these things are things I've worried about and thought about in my head before. How It's also things I've struggled with, but come to understand and accept. Let's take instagram for example...one thing I've realized is that I don't watch many people's stories, occasionally I'll scroll through and be like oh wow I've never seen this person's stories before, let's see what they're about. At the same time, I feel like it's also the algorithm that puts the stories you usually view at the front which somewhat explains why I never watch some people's stories. But another explanation is simply...I don't really care lol. I don't care about their life, what they're up to, what they're doing or whatever. It sounds rude, but let's flip it...I post a story, I write a blog post...some people literally just might not care, and that's perfectly fine. Oh this dude's writing about his life, oh another girl experience that I don't care about. It kinda hit me after I read the post...like I wouldn't bother reading blog posts about certain people cuz I just don't know them well enough to care...unless like the title is super catchy or my friend sends it to me and says yo this is a really interesting read...other than that, solely on the basis of like well I don't even know this person and I don't really care about their life so I'm not gonna bother reading their posts or view their stories. Now let\s flip it back to the blog...something I've come to terms with is that some people just don't give a damn LOL and that's perfectly fine. Some people don't know me and don't care about me...to them I'm just some random dude who writes random shit about my life lol. So back to the whole questions on test and how they would ask you to explain your answer. A lot of times in life you find yourself asking why...and honestly, sometimes their is no answer, there is no reason. I had a conversation with a friend and I thought back a couple summers ago when I was seeing this girl for a few months. She went back to school when summer ended and things kinda just ended abruptly with no reason or explanation, that's the simplified version lol. Anyways, I remember for the longest time...I struggled with trying to figure out what went wrong, was it something I did, something I said, is there something I could've done better. I feel like I've only recently come to terms with that fact that it there might be no reason...it just didn't work out cuz it didn't work out. But that's not what this post is about lol...back to the blog...people might not read, enjoy or mess with the blog because they just don't mess with me like that and that's perfectly okay lol. I think I used to get so caught up in trying to appeal to everyone, making sure I have enough funny posts, girl posts, interesting captions and shit...but at the end of the day, if someone doesn't mess with you...they're not gonna read your stuff regardless of what you do or how much you dress it up, that's just how it is. I know that cuz I put myself in the reader's shoes and I think about how lazy I am in doing something as simple as viewing people's instagram stories, I'm definitely not wasting time reading someone's post about their life if I don't even know or care about them lol. Anyways, that's just a little thought I had in my mind I thought I'd share with y'all...it gave me a lot of closure in a weird way, that if you mess with me, you probs mess with the blog, if you don't...then the blog probably isn't your cup of tea, and that's cool too...no hard feelings...till next time, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment