WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, July 19, 2019

Regret

Regret is a funny feeling when you think about it. It doesn’t change anything and it doesn’t help you in any way but we still do it. We dwell and we linger and we regret decisions we’ve made, mistakes we’ve made, people we’ve dated, people we’ve befriended. We think to ourselves well damn, what if I didn’t do that...what if things had worked out with this person...what if I did this instead. I always try to tell myself to keep moving forward, to not dwell in the past cuz it distracts from the present but sometimes you can’t help it. When you do something you usually don’t or wouldn’t and you’re just like frick what did I just do and why did I just do it? The funny thing about regret is when you tell people about it and you get different responses, some people might see it as bigger deal than you but for the most part people will see it as a smaller deal and tell you to relax lol. I think that’s why it’s always important to get different perspectives and opinions...to put everything into a bigger picture perspective. For me, when stuff happens it’s like the end of the world and I totally shut down...but when my friends put it into bigger picture perspective that’s when I’m like well damn you’re right...it isn’t that big a deal or it is all in my head. Everyone has regrets...big or small, meaningful or meaningless, but it’s always important to take a step back or if you can’t, share it with someone and have them help you take a step back and see the bigger picture. I regret a lot of things in my life...I regret not going to college instead of university...I regret breaking up with one of my exes through text LOL...I regret not being more straight up and direct with some of my friends...but everything is what it is and me dwelling on that stuff won’t change anything. I mean regret can be a good teacher if you change your ways or if you move differently afterwards, but if you’re just sitting there sulking and freaking out over a bad decision or whatever then that’s not helpful or productive in any way. It’s funny cuz I needed a total stranger to help remind me of that and then a few friends really helped me drive it home knowing how I like to overreact to things lol...so thank you for that. Sorry for being ghost as of late and slow...it’s been a little busy as of late, but maybe I’ll do an update post sooner rather than later for those who care lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment