WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, July 09, 2019

The Friends In Your Surrounding Environment

What’s good, it’s been a while lol. You know what’s something super random that I think about...I look at the people in my life, usually it’s the new or newer people that I’ve recently met and I ask myself oh I wonder if these friendships will last beyond the confinements of where we see each other everyday. Like let’s take your coworkers for example, these are people that you see and talk to everyday that you can’t help but built bonds with them. But at the same time I can’t see myself hanging out with most of them outside of work if that makes sense LOL. I was talking with my coworker and we were just like oh yeah do you think these people will be friends or will still be dating or whatever outside of work or something like that lol. Even take that thought into a school or church setting, there’s a lot of people I’ve met through school where I saw them super frequently but once school ended and I didn’t see them as much the friendship faded. Same with church, seeing people every week you get so used to it and like oh hey so what’re we doing next Sunday or oh hey let’s go here for lunch that when you don’t see them every Sunday anymore it’s either oh hey let’s chill or welp I haven’t seen or talked to this person in a while. I mean like you obviously have your core group of friends that’s there and your relationships are established that nothing will change for the most part. But it’s the friends that are made from your current environment that always has me asking myself like oh yeah these times are dope, we share about our lives, we have meaningful conversations, but does it go beyond our environment if one of us leaves, does that kinda make sense lol. I mean like ever since leaving my old church or seeing my friends leave the church, I don’t see or talk to a lot of them unfortunately. And it takes a real concerted effort to be like oh hey how’ve you been or oh hey let’s meet up, it’s a pretty small handful that I’d say I still keep in constant communication with and it’s crazy to think like that because i was super close with some of these people. Similarly at work it’s like yo I’ve really grown to enjoy the company of certain people and I enjoy being around them that it’s like yo if or when the time comes I leave that place will I still keep in contact with them like that? Again, these are just random things that go on in my mind about the people and groups of people in my life lol...till next time, deuces!

No comments:

Post a Comment