WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Fill It Up, Pour It Out

“I know I’m filled to be emptied again.”

This is a lyric from a Christian song and it always speaks to me and it’s probably one of my favorite lyrics. I was talking to a friend today and he’s a bit older than me and he was just asking me how I’ve been doing, how’s work, how’s church and stuff. He gave me a really good reminder cuz I was telling him how tired and drained I’ve been and he’s like hey man, you can’t pour from an empty cup. You’ve gotta be filled in order to be able to pour out to others. Whether it’s church, or at work...whether it’s getting rest in order to work your hardest...eating food to feel energized...or having a solid support group around you so that you can go and support and encourage others. You have to be filled in order to pour out. I think sometimes we (and me definitely as of late) get so caught up in trying to pour out onto other people whether it’s time, money, energy or whatever that we drain ourselves to the point we get tired, fatigued and it becomes a burden. It was a really nice to reminder because I’ve been struggling with the thought of oh am I being selfish because I’m putting some things on hold in order to refuel, to be filled. But I was reminded today that you can’t pour from an empty cup. You’ve got to be filled in order to pour out. So thank you for that, one thing I’ve realized is I don’t have many older friends in my life lol. And I say that because as much as you can learn from people younger than you, to be able to talk to an older person, someone who’s gone through and experienced the same thing you’re going through is such an encouraging feeling. I know I’ve been mia since we hit 600k, I’m sorry lol...tbh I wasn’t even planning on posting today, I was gonna do it tomorrow but I was hit with inspiration (like I always randomly do) and I went with it. So yeah see you guys soon, hopefully sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment