WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, September 06, 2018

I'm Not Good Enough

I think there’s a really big difference between being confident and simply having hope, having a belief in yourself. I think confidence can be easily misconstrued like oh chill dude don’t be so overconfident. That or confidence can easily turn into arrogance very quick. I’ve never really been a confident dude, I’ve always been a shy, behind the scenes kinda guy and I’ve grown to relish that role for the most part, it fluctuates depending on the circle of friends I’m around. But I’ve had the same thoughts that I’m sure a lot of you have had throughout your life...

I’m not good enough

I’m not smart enough


I’m not pretty/good looking enough


I’m not wealthy enough

I’m not cool enough


And I mean sometimes these feelings feel warranted because of whatever situation we’re in. Getting passed up for a job, failing classes, getting rejected, disappointing your parents, getting picked last or not getting picked at all, being left out. The situations that we face in life often dictate how we feel, as it should. But this is just a healthy reminder to you and of course always to myself...that it’s not just about what happens to you but it’s more about how you react and respond to that. Cuz you can choose to still be happy and content despite crappy things happening to you. I’ve learned and come to turns that that’s life...and I truly do believe that everything happens for a reason. That especially the bad things, the times in my life where I question the purpose of it...those moments especially are meant to help me grow, to learn and to become a man. I still go through negative situations, it still sucks, I still think negative thoughts at times...but I always move forward and remind myself that I can choose to react and respond however I want, I don’t need to let negativity drag me down...I can respond with positivity and contentment. Only reason I’m saying all this is because a couple people as of late were telling me how they appreciate and really like the “chill vibe” and just positive mindset I give off. I mean I’ve lived a long life...jokes LOL, I dunno...it’s just experience and the things that I’ve seen and heard from the people around me. It’s shaped me into the person I am today and the beliefs and mindset that I have as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment