WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

For My Brothers

"These my brothers I ain't even gotta say it that's just something they know..." - Drake

Today I got the chance to see 2 of my boys that I don’t really get to see that often that it was super dope. They both moved to different churches so I met up with them separately for lunch and dinner. Honestly it’s funny because we talked about very similar things. One thing being like when you’re really good friends with somebody, it doesn’t matter how often you see them or how often you talk to them because when you do get that chance to meet up and catch up, it’s always all love and nothing’s changed. How much you talk to them or how often you see them shouldn’t and doesn’t determine how good of friends you are. Granted I have friends who I see and talk to on a regular basis and that’s perfectly fine. Especially now that I’m working full time, it’s really hard to find time to chill with people in general...but as much as that sucks, I’m really happy to know all my friends are grinding and working really hard at school or at work. Like I wanna see my boys succeed and do well. A lot of my friends recently got new jobs, promotions or are starting school...and it’s just dope to see because you wanna see your friends succeed. My boy recently went to the U.K. to teach for a year and I’m super happy for him, I’m sad to know I won’t get to see him for a year but that doesn’t mean we’re gonna stop being friends. My other boy has been grinding his life away in San Francisco for a good year and whenever he does come back, it’s all love and we catch up and it’s a good time. Obviously the selfish part of me wants to be able to see my friends and talk to them on a consistent basis, but I understand the grind that is life and how life takes everyone on different paths sometimes. But like today for example, my 2 friends I was so used to seeing every week at church I now only see here and there and we have to really put in that effort to coordinate a meet up. I was telling my friend at dinner that when life gets more busy and you get older, all your time goes to like your family that it really takes a concentrated effort to meet up with your friends and it’ll be a true test of your friendship based on the people you reach out to you know? Kinda like when you’re in a relationship, when you really love and care for your friends...you want the best for them and their triumphs are your triumphs...loving them sometimes means letting them go, but also trusting that you’ll cross paths again eventually. So my boy paid for dinner today and it just reminded me or this conversation my other group of friends and I always have. Waiting for that day when we’re all financially stable enough to go out together and someone different always pics up the bill, we don’t worry about splitting the cheque and stuff. Dinner tonight was just a glimpse of that for me cuz I told my boy, guess I got you next time. So yeah...it was just a really nice reminder for me that despite having those friends that I do see and talk to on a consistent basis...how great of friends you aren’t isn’t determined by how often you talk or see each other. Till next time, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment