WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

I Appreciate You

"If you admire somebody, go ahead and tell'em. People never get the flowers while they can still smell'em." - Kanye West

I've learned and grown to be a person who enjoys telling people things I like about, appreciate or admire about them. Too many times, I'll miss opportunities and have to wait to like text or message them online, but when you tell someone something like wow your hair looks really nice today, I like that shirt on you, you're a really nice person, things like that...being able to see their reaction, the glow in the face is such a dope feeling and is so internally rewarding. Now the quote above obviously goes a bit deeper...to tell people how you really feel before they pass away and you don't have that opportunity anymore. But it's also a reminder to me to just tell people how you feel, even if it feels like such a little thing, it could make such a difference in someone's mood or day. I can't count how many times someone has told me that they liked my shirt or they remember that time I did something for them...it's such a nice feeling and it like really brightens your day. So I've really been trying to practice that lately...with my friends, with people I've just met, I think especially with your friends...sometimes you've known them for so long you forget to let them know how much you appreciate them, obviously it goes without saying but hearing it every now and then never hurts now does it? I bring all of this up because I saw a friend a couple of days ago and he was like yo man, I just wanted to say keep it up. Keep writing on the blog, keep being real and keep doing you, it's encouraging to me and so many others out there. He went on the say that he and others may not comment but they definitely read and resonate with my posts. I mean like that's such a little thing, a little gesture like hey, keep it up. But for me, it was such a boost of encouragement and motivation cuz there really are some days when I wanna call it quits or just nothing comes to mind y'feel? So yeah, don't hold these things in...as weird as it may feel sometimes, let people know what you're thinking, even if they might not express appreciation outwardly in return, I guarantee it'll make them feel some sorta way...most if not all the time positive. So seriously...tell your friends how dope they are, tell that person you really like their outfit today, compliment somebody's haircut or something...a little bit really does go a long way sometimes. Till next time, see you soon, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment