WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Life Lessons From My Mentor

Someone I really look up to is my old elementary school teacher and coach. He's someone I always talk about on this blog and to my friends.If you've ever seen Boy Meets World, I literally look at him as Mr. Feeny. This man taught me and coached me when I was in grade 7 and 8. I went back in high school for volunteer hours and we became pretty cordial and pretty friendly with one another. Even tho I finished my hours in like grade 9, I kept going back every year to help him coach volleyball and basketball, through that we became really good friends and through university, I visited him every now and then. Like I've been to his house, had dinner, met his family...we're boys lol. I went to visit him today cuz it's been almost a year and I've been really busy, it was so nice just to catch up and so see how he's doing. To share what I've been doing and going through and to be able to encourage one another. It's weird thinking he was my teacher considering he's confided in me some personal struggles...it really made me see him as a great friend as well. But yeah, today we were talking about a lot of things...how much time has passed, how we're all getting older and stuff. But even tho you get older...you never stop learning, you never stop growing...and it should be like that. No matter how old you are, how smart you are or how much you've been through and experienced...there's always more to learn and grow. I told him how I felt I was in a transitional stage of life...not really feeling like a kid but not really feeling like an adult...he said that never really goes away either. That sometimes, he even wonders to himself like am I really an adult you know...like taking care of yourself, taking care of someone else and stuff, it's crazy. He told me how right now at my stage of life, all that really matters is family and friends...most of if not all my time goes towards that. But as you get older, your priorities start shifting. He tells me how he's so busy with his kids them being enrolled in so many sports and classes and stuff that it's always boom, boom, on the go and like you barely get time to yourself, let alone see your friends. That and you might not even live close to them  because life, work and family might take you  in different directions and they take priority. It really hit me you know...some of these years might be the best times of our lives...in terms of seeing your friends and hanging out with them so frequently...cuz most people I would say aren't so lucky to have their friends be in the same neighbourhood or proximity as them, it gets harder and harder to see each other when you have kids, job and family to take care of, it's crazy. The last thing he and his girlfriend told me was to really take my time when it comes to relationships and finding a girl. I really want you to read this carefully cuz it made so much sense to me. She and him both come from failed marriages and found each other, but obviously the goal is for the first one you get into to work, no one expects a marriage to fail. Both of them really emphasized to me to take my time, to be patient. That so what if you are single from say age 15-30...that's 15 years of your life you're figuring things out, don't you think it's worth it to wait 15 years for the right one. And when you do find the right one, you're able to spend the rest of your life with them...the next 40-50+ years. I was like damn...I honestly have never thought about it like that. Being a bit patient, maybe even a bit picky because this is the person you're going to spend the rest of your life with...I think you owe it to yourself to make sure that this is the right one, it's not like you can exchange or refund this. That just really hit me like a truck because it rang so true. But yeah, I know this post is getting long so I'll cut it here, I know it's been a while, sorry. I have all these relationship and love posts on my phone cuz that's all that's been inspiring me lately lol, so yeah, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment