WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, September 10, 2017

It's Not Me, It's You

So I was driving a couple of days ago and was suddenly hit with a bunch of thoughts, a bunch of emotions...and I had to write it all down on my phone before I forgot cuz I was like wow this is such a dope topic for the blog. So I'm literally driving, obvs with my head up and focusing on the road...but I\m like texting on my phone on the notes app LOL...I'm like typing down all my thoughts and all the things I wanna talk about so I don't forget and once I get to a red light, I look at it and for the most part, it's pretty legible and easy to understand lol, so I quickly finish it up and here we go lol.

I think for both guys and girls...when you like somebody and say they don't like you back or things just don't get up working out...the first question we tend to ask is well what happened? How come they don't like me or how come it didn't work out? Did I do something? Was it me? And the more I sat in my car and thought about it...the more I thought about all the girls I liked....that either didn't like me back or that just didn't seem to work out. It made me think...dang...all these girls and relationships that just didn't work out...is it me? What's wrong with me? Why does this keep happening? I for once start thinking about myself, my personality, my approach and all that stuff...well maybe I'm too forward, maybe I need to change this about myself or change that about myself. Then the more I thought about it...I was like wait...that it's not me, it's YOU. Now hold up...lemme clarify before you go off on me and be like wow Rodmond, you're not all that. What I mean...is like when a girl doesn't like me or when things just don't end up working out...I tend to start looking at myself...and seeing well what can I change or improve about myself to make girls like me, to make sure things work out next time. And the more I thought about it...that's a terrible way to approach things. Like wow, she didn't like me cuz I was too nice, alright time to be a dick. Wow she didn''t like me because I wasn't into this hobby, time to learn everything I can about it so she'll like me. I guess what I'm trying to say is...personality wise, trait wise, character wise...it's not me, it's you. You...me...we shouldn't have to change ourselves, our personalities or force something to get someone to like us y'feel. As cliche as it sounds,be yourself. That's what I mean when I say it's not me, it's you. It's you because you just aren't the one for me, it's you because we just don't have that chemistry, we don't match well together, and that's okay...what's not okay is changing yourself to fit another person. I thought about it like a puzzle...if every single person is an individual puzzle peace...say you go out with a girl and it doesn't work out or she doesn't like you back...you don't cut the corners of the puzzle piece, you don't try to jam it into another puzzle piece...you find the puzzle piece that it actually fits into. And that's kinda how I'm seeing this right now...you shouldn't change your personality or force yourself to fit into someone else's mold...you just keep swimming until you find that other puzzle piece that fits you and vice versa. I say this because as I was thinking about al the girls that didn't like me back or didn't work out...it really made me feel bad, it really made me feel like something was wrong with me, that there was something I needed to change about myself or add to myself as a person...and it shouldn't be like that...for anybody. Your perfect or at least close to perfect puzzle piece is somewhere out there...you just have to have the patience and persistence to find it. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment