WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, September 07, 2017

Expectations vs Reality

Yo shoutout to my barber one time for inspiring me to write about this after the conversation we had. So he makes music and we were talking about how you have to be adaptable. How you truly have to love what you do and do it because of that and not because of the views or because you want to blow up or because of what people think. Perspectives are always differing and when you start doing something like music for the people, you set yourself up for disappointment. When you start doing it for the attention and the views is when you start losing motivation, that's kinda what sometimes happens to me with this blog. As a musician or a blogger...everything that I write, that I post...I think is dope, I think is quality and good content, otherwise I wouldn't post it. But not everyone who reads my posts will think the same way. Some posts that I write and post, people may think wow this is hella boring, wow this is garbage or wow this is poorly written. If I did it solely for the sake of people's opinions and thoughts, it could become hella demoralizing. In the same way, there are some posts I work really hard on and spend a lot of time on...in my head I'm like ALRIGHT, I know this post is gonna blow up, people are gonna love it...and sometimes, they don't end up feeling that way. On the flip side, sometimes I gingerly write a quick post with little thought and it does really well or gets a lot of views. You kinda see how if I did it solely for the views and people's attention how it could be super draining for me. In the same way I was telling my barber, every song you make, you think this is the one, this is a banger...but sometimes it's not always the case. Even the most popular artists you'll hear them talk about oh, this song on the album is my favourite or oh this song on the album means the most to me...and you'll be like what I never heard of that song or wow I would've never guessed. It's just interesting, cuz sometimes I get so caught up in trying to make the right post...the "right" post...that'll catch people's attention, that'll entertain people...that when it doesn't do as well as I had hoped, I get disappointed. I just gotta remind myself to do this all for myself...that everything else that comes along with it is just bonus. On that note...shoutout to my barber again for that reminder...and here's a link to what I think is his dopest song...give it a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment