WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Making Mountains Out Of Molehills

Man...there's so much to say lol...over the past week, I've been hit with so many ideas for blog posts and they're all just sitting in my phone. Over the course of this past week, I've tried blogging, I've tried sitting down and writing a full post...I haven't been able to do that as of late, I've only been able to start a bit and become unmotivated or start a bit and become distracted or I had to do something. I had one post almost done, then I had to go out and I cut it short, tried to come back to it another time and it wasn't the right mood you feel? I'm not really too sure what I wanna talk about right now lol...I've been listening to a lot of music lately...and it's been like hitting the feels you know...like it's been really hitting home and I've just been really zoning out and enjoying the music and taking in the words, it's been relaxing but also an opportunity for reflection and introspection. Typing these words out right now...I still don't really know what I wanna talk about...but I feel like I owe y'all something after so called "coming back"...so let's just write and see where it goes.

This one girl I know shared a couple of weeks ago about an issue she has with overthinking, creating imaginary problems, making mountains out of molehills, overreacting, and thinking there's a problem because things just seem to good to be true. And I was like wow...that's me...that's 100% me. So shoutout to my overthinkers out there...my boy's been struggling mentally with just his view on life...and know that I've been praying for you bud, we've all been there. As much as I enjoy and cherish my alone time...it's also very dangerous you know, it forces you to sit and think...about life, about the future, about your friends, family and the people around you...sometimes it's a good thing, but sometimes it's a bad thing. You start thinking about situations and scenarios in your life and you start overthinking...creating imaginary problems, making minor issues major issues, making mountains out of mole hills. That's why I've done my best as I've grown up to adopt a relaxed response to issues, situations and problems. Some people might argue that I "don't take things seriously enough"...I think it's picking and choosing your moments to be serious...and to realize that most things in life...aren't that big a deal...forreal, just chill out lol. I still overthink, but I think I'm better at reminding myself that...hey, it's not that big a deal. Sometimes you just gotta steo back, take a breath...and let life take it's course. I visualize it as myself sitting in a canoe or whatever...with a paddle in the boat...but I'm just kinda going with the waves you know...and paddling when necessary...if you're constantly paddling, you're gonna tire yourself out...in life, you're gonna get stressed, annoyed, frustrated...whatever...just chill out...and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment