WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, February 25, 2017

The Comfort Of My Comfort Zone Part 2

Part 1

Comfort is a good thing, but it can also be a bad thing. Comfort means rest and relaxation, but it can also mean stagnation and idleness. I was watching Moana today...and btw it was  DOPE movie, lemme say Disney really knows how to pull at your heart strings. Throughout the movie she's intrigued and mesmerized by what lies beyond the reef of water on her island. From when she was a little girl she was drawn to the water and drawn to what lies beyond it, but her parents told her not to and that no one on this island goes past the reef. Obviously, eventually she does and explores and is introduced to something totally new. New...is exciting, it's fresh, it's different...but it's also scary, it's uncertain and it's uncomfortable. Lately, I've been struggling with the though that maybe I'm too comfortable...with this life, in school, in church...being surrounded by the same people and same surroundings since like elementary school. At the current moment, I find myself at a real crossroads...I find myself about the graduate (again) and feeling very unsure about what I wanna do after. I've always been bad at reading signs...whether from girls, from friends, or from God. I've been earnestly asking God for a sign, for guidance, for direction...praying that he'll show me what the next step is, where I'm supposed to go, where I'm supposed to be, what I'm supposed to do. Am I too comfortable where I am? Am I meant to go past or leave what I've been accustomed to all my life and find something else, something new, something different...something uncomfortable. I definitely don't have any answers to all these questions and thoughts in my head...but I have faith that God will lead me to wherever it is I'm supposed to be.

1 The plans of the heart belong to man,
but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.
2 All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes,
but the Lord weighs the spirit.
3 Commit your work to the Lord,
and your plans will be established.
4 The Lord has made everything for its purpose,
even the wicked for the day of trouble.
5 Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord;
be assured, he will not go unpunished.
6 By steadfast love and faithfulness iniquity is atoned for,
and by the fear of the Lord one turns away from evil.
7 When a man's ways please the Lord,
he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
8 Better is a little with righteousness
than great revenues with injustice.
9 The heart of man plans his way,
but the Lord establishes his steps.

Proverbs 16:1-9

No comments:

Post a Comment