WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Good Kid Gone Bad...

So today at church I had a very awkward encounter/conversation lol. I came out of the washroom and the children's pastor saw me and she's usually very chill and stuff. We started talking and she's like hey I saw on facebook (which she doesn't even have, but that's another story lol) that you have a tattoo. I was like yeah lol I got it a while back. She's like is it good or bad? I'm like what do you mean? She's like is it good or bad? I'm like good? She's like really? I was like yeah it's of a bible verse and stuff. She's like well I guess people have diff opinions but did you know the bible is actually against tattoos? I'm like what do you mean...though I already knew in my head which verse she'd probably pull out. She's like yeah I think somewhere in Leviticus it says not to get tattoos and that they're sinful and stuff. I was like oh yeahh, well if you read the whole passage you'll see that it's talking about the olden times, and how back then people would mark their bodies with tattoos to worship the dead. Whereas now and today, tattoos have many different meanings and representations. I told her how I thought about it a lot, took that verse into consideration and even got advice from my previous pastor, who told me she knew a lot of people who had tattoos but were still devoted christians. She gave me a weird look as if she wasn't convinced lol...she kept repeating...oh I guess people have different opinions, but I think the bible is against tattoos...I'm like uh okay, but I'm pretty positive it isn't lol, I'm still the same person, nothing else about me has changed, there the convo pretty much ended and we parted ways lol. It just got me thinking how a lot of people in church may think that way and see me in that light...and as much as you say oh don't worry about what people think and stuff who cares, you kinda have to worry a bit...but I think it's moreso not letting it affect you you know. Like I'm sure many people in church will see me with a tattoo and be like oh wow, he  must be a bad kid, but others may actually be interested and take the time to ask me about it. Like this lady I met at the basketball tournement at my church, she played in it and she saw my tattoo and was like yeah I've seen you around church, so what does it say, why did you get it and stuff and she was like yeah that's pretty cool. So ultimately, I guess you can't control how everyone sees you, regardless of what people think of or about you, I think it's moreso just not letting it affect you you know...especially regarding my tattoo...it's something for myself...a reminder for myself...not for others...so yeah that can have their opinion, that's perfectly fine, but it isn't gonna change how I act or how I feel about my beliefs lol.

Just thought I'd share this with you guys:

No comments:

Post a Comment