WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Inspiration Of The Moment

J. Cole - See World


I know I've posted this before but as I was walking home today I was listening to it on my headphones and I got a good chance to hear the song thoroughly and int he beginning and end of the song there are like newscasts and after doing some research and looking at the lyrics again...I found out J. Cole's rapping about a 5 year old girl Shaniya Davis who was missing and later found dead. Her mother had apparently sold her for prostitution and she was found offroad somewhere wearing nothing but a t-shirt. I mean like are you kidding me....this really disgusted me....her mother was charged with trafficking (led to believe she did it to pay of drug debts) and the man was charged with kidnapping and murder. What kind of world do we live in....where a mother sells her FIVE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER......oh my goodness....like this hurt me and at the same time really upset me just listening to the song and hearing the news and then researching some more. Really pay attention to the lyrics that J is spitting and especially the beginning and end where you'll hear the news parts. If you wanna read the entire story click her:

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Shaniya-Davis-Murder

Yeah I know it's old...happened in 2009...but the song is pretty recent....oh man, my prayers are with Shaniya, her father and aunts, uncles, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment