WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Dear Mom & Dad

It’s been a while since one of these spontaneous posts, but lemme talk to y’all for a moment...

First and foremost, I know EVERYTHING you do for me and say to me is out of love, like true love because you want the best for me. But I don’t care about your friend’s son, daughter, niece, nephew, pet goldfish, hamster or anything. I’m sorry I’ll never be that super smart kid you love hearing your friends talk about. I’m sorry I never was that super smart kid who got hella scholarships and went to some hella prestigious school in some well recognized program. I hate that you’ll never truly understand the way I feel or the way I think. I’m sorry I’m not some doctor, some lawyer or working somewhere in the States like a bunch of your friend’s kids you love to rave about so much. I’m sorry I have a bunch of tattoos, that I like to play basketball or video games on my spare time rather than read books and study. I’m sorry that you probably don’t have much to brag about to your friends except maybe “oh well he’s a really good kid”. I hate that you might never see things through my eyes, that the things that I value or find passion in are things you don’t really get. Sorry that you always get so weird when I tell you I’m going out with my non asian friends, partly why I just always say I’m going out with church friends to make my life easier. I swear one of my biggest goals in life has always been to make you proud of me, and I hope I’ve done so...even if it’s in the slightest. But I promise that I’ll find my way, that everything will be okay for me...it just might not be the way you expect or the way all your friend’s kids are doing it, I’m just different...and I hope that you can see that and keep riding with me the way you always have, cuz deep down I know through it all you’ve always been my biggest fans.

RT

No comments:

Post a Comment