WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Are You A Supportive Friend?

Sometimes, I wonder and question if or how much of a supportive friend I am? What I mean by this? Well, when good things happen to your friends...what are your first thoughts? Do you get jealous, do you compare yourself, do you think that you could do/are better? Do you celebrate with them or are you secretly wishing/hoping they fail or fall? Say a friend gets good grades...are you happy for them, or do you compare yourself do them...do you say to yourself, oh I could do better. Similarly, if a friend gets a promotion or a new job...same thing, are you happy for them, or secretly wishing they don't succeed? As a supportive friend, your friend's triumphs...successes...should be your victories as well, they're your friend, they're like an extension of you, sorta. I think for me...one thing I always do is compare...which makes me wonder if I'm a supportive friend sometimes. If a friend gets a good grade, gets a job...my first instinct is to sometimes compare myself to them. I would hope you never wish your friends to fail or to fall...that's pretty terrible...and suspect. But I think it's pretty normal to compare yourself...especially to your friends because you're around them so much and they're part of your inner circle. But while saying that...I would say most times...I'm super happy for my friends...good grades, new job, girlfriend, whatever it might...for the most part, I'm usually super happy for my friends...especially when I get to see the journey that got to that point. But sometimes, you can't help but compare their victory to your own life...to your own wins and losses you know. I think that's fairly natural...but I would still consider myself a supportive friend. The friends that are real sneaky are the ones that are secretly wishing for your downfall, constantly comparing WITH the intention to do better, to surpass, to beat...y'feel? I think I more so compare in a sense of like oh wow, they're doing great, I wish I could do that or be like that...but the other side of the coin is more of a looking at them as competition that you HAVE to do better than. So yeah, I don't wanna ramble too much before I stop making sense...so yeah, I know it's been a while, what else is new, I'll see you soon, hopefully...peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment