WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, February 19, 2016

A Love Letter

I was going through my old computer and I found this...and I'm super glad I did because I completely forgot about it. I wrote this quite some time ago...February 1st was the finish date I believe, but I remember taking a long while to write this. I remember having the first verse written and complete for the longest time, but never finding the time or the motivation to finish it, this took me quite a few months if I remember correctly, It was written to Alicia Keys' Unthinkable instrumental, which still remains one of my favourite instrumentals, I've written numerous poems, songs and such to that instrumental. Maybe one day I'll perform this, it's definitely one of my favourites. Funny thing however...is I can't remember who I wrote this about...I mean I have a general idea of a few people, but I'm not certain lol, I kinda like it that way tho, enjoy. 

Feb 1, 2013
Our timing is wrong, but I’m steady tryna make it right
I said I’d give you the world, one day I swear I still might
I’ve said I love you in my head about a hundred times
Written it down into this letter full of love rhymes
I always think about how close we used to be
But I hate the fact you still don’t know how much you meant to me
You were the one I saw myself sharing my whole world with
But now I understand what a one of a kind girl is
It’s true you never really value something till it’s gone
I guess that’s why I’m writing to you in this love song
I hope you take the time to really understand
That you and me not working out helped me become a better man
I really hope you know, I never meant to let you go
The love was there, but my feelings were just hard to show
This is my love letter, hope that you accept it
To the girl of my dreams, hope you read this if you get it

And if you get it, my hope is that accept it
All these feelings poured out, man I never do regret it
Sometimes I wonder if you ever felt the same way
And if you truly did, what would your heart have to say?
Would you, say that you love me and you’ll never let me go
Or would you, keep it to yourself and never let me know
I use tell my friends I thought you were the one
Gave you all the feelings kept inside my heart till I had none
This empty feeling in my heart is really unfamiliar
Like there’s a void because what used to be doesn’t live here
Sometimes I think I fell in love with my best friend
Then I see I’m headed full speed down a dead end
How can you be so close to someone, then just let it go
How can you say you love somebody and not let it show
To love somebody is to put their needs above your own
To build each other up and watch over the seeds sewn
20 years old and I’m still learning on the fly
How to treat a woman right and be a gentlemanly guy
The most important thing I really hope she sees
Is she can count that I’m a be there anytime she ever needs me
The evolution to a man, I thought it’d never come
I hope I make my parents proud of the man I become
I’m cruisin’ down this road, tryna find my way
To the girl of my dreams, hope we find each other someday

Somebody told me once this is life is really what you make it
And if the opportunity comes but there’s a risk, sometimes you gotta take it
High risk, high reward, but is it really worth it?
To put our friendship on the line and possibly hurt it?
The worst thing is going through life thinking what could’ve been
How the story of you and that special someone could’ve ended in
Trust your heart, it’ll never let you down
thebestyouneverheard.blogspot.com

2 comments: