WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Seasons Change

Day 11/31

So first of all, sorry for the lazy posts these past couple of days. I had a plan to write actual posts before work or during my break but it slipped my mind and ended up writing short blurbs really last minute. But I wanted to post something rather than nothing and something new rather than just copping out and finding an old post or poem and reposting it.

So for the past couple of months this has been something that’s been on my heart and been a constant recurring theme everywhere I go. It all started when I was talking to my friend and she sent me a Christian song called ‘Seasons’ and it basically talks about that there’s a time and a season for everything in life. Seasons of drought, seasons of harvest, seasons of hardship and seasons of joy and happiness. It’s been something that’s been really weighing on my heart and flowed to every aspect of my life from work to church to friendships as well. J. Cole also says that “everything happens for a reason, people change like the seasons” and that’s a lyric that’s always stuck out to me as well. I’ve just been thinking a lot about my life, where I’ve been, where I am and where I’m going or at least want to go. The fact that we all have seasons in our lives...from high school, to university, to the workforce. From child, to teenage, to adult. From single, to dating, to married. Everything in our life comes in seasons and I’m a firm believer than seasons come and go, that seasons change. That this feeling I’ve been feeling, a feeling of being in a rut, of being directionless...this season will pass and another will come. Seasons come and go, periods of hardships in our lives never last, granted some might be longer than others but it always passes. Breakups, loss of loved ones, seasons change. Struggling in school, struggling to find a job, unsure about the future, relationships or anything...these feelings come and go and they’re replaced by new ones. That’s what I’ve been holding onto and reminding myself as of late, whether it’s the grind of work/school, trying to figure out or manage your relationships, being uncertain and unsure of the future...these feelings like the seasons, they change; they come and go...for the better. And that’s what I believe, I believe that seasons come and go, and despite feeling in a season of drought right now, I know that my time of harvest will come, with patience and perseverance. So with that, I just wanted to share with y’all one of my newest but one of my most favourite and meaningful tattoos...

Ephesians 3:1
“For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.”



No comments:

Post a Comment